Job Opportunities at Natural Extracts Industries Ltd (NEI). Natural Extracts Industries Ltd (NEI) is pioneering the sustainable, natural flavour manufacturing industry in Tanzania for global export, starting with vanilla and other flavour extracts. The company works in all areas from cultivation, to post-harvest processing, value-add manufacturing and international sales and marketing.
The smallholder out grower network currently integrates over 6,700 vanilla farmers from Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Morogoro, Mbeya and Kagera regions and through this sourcing model NEI aims to deliver a long term socioeconomic impact by doubling annual income per smallholder household.
Job Opportunities at Natural Extracts Industries Ltd
POSITION: IT , Jr. Lead (1post)
LOCATION: Moshi, Kilimanjaro
- Develop, plan, implement and manage IT best practices (e.g., ITIL version 4) for the installation, maintenance, and security of IT systems, end-user hardware, and IT network infrastructure.
- Develop, review, and implement policies related to IT systems and network security, disaster recovery, IT management, and IT infrastructure
- Manage outsourced IT team ensuring that they achieve objectives on agreed KPIs
- Monitor and analyse the success of IT initiatives and projects and continually develop and evaluate new technologies and tools for the company.
- Direct the activities of the IT help desk to ensure the IT needs of users are met.
- Manage development projects to integrate new technologies into existing systems with minimal to zero business interruption while maximising value for money.
- Periodically audit the network, and perform penetration testing to check for systems/network vulnerabilities then implement mitigation, corrective, and preventive measures as required.
- Overseeing the implementation of IT projects in accordance with business and IT strategy.
- Track and maintain assets inventory.
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions.
- Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analysing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs.
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed.
- Develop, execute and test disaster recovery procedures, and maintain three-tier data backups.
- Conduct any other activities as may be required to ensure successful IT-enabled operations and business performance for NEI.
Desired Qualifications & Experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Networking Engineering, Information Technologies, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years of experience working in IT Operations, at least 1 year in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to self manage
- Up to date knowledge of industry-standard computer hardware and software systems
- Experience and/or ability to lead/managing teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both oral and written, in English and Swahili in a multi-cultural environment and across people of different outlooks & experiences.
- Expertise in installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining common office productivity suites (Microsoft & Google), ability to generate report, analyse, visualise, & present data
- Integrity, Passion to learn, critical thinking and synthesis
- Strong in problem solving skills. Experience in Project Management is an advantage
- Familiarity with LDAP, IT Devices Management, ERP Systems, and Cloud computing environments (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
POSITION: Business Operations Lead (1post)
LOCATION: Moshi, Kilimanjaro.
- Leading/Coordinating all inter-departmental projects.
- Leading & managing changes across the company with support from other department heads.
- Working with other heads of departments, provide them with data-based recommendations on KPI improvement based on rigorous analysis of progress against goals through regular reports to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Benchmarking, reviewing, and continuously improving reporting tools and systems to ensure that decisions made by company leadership are based on accurate, sensible, and up-to-date data.
- Leading the business requirements definition/requirements for IT-enabled operations, and project managing the implementation and deployment (change management) of such initiatives.
- Leading the Continuous Improvement Systems across the organisation to achieve cost savings, leaner operations, and quality improvement.
- Support skills development and capacity building within teams by coaching, training, and mentoring.
- With support from company leadership, prepare company-level reports in terms of performance, impact, and sustainability.
- Periodically audit teams and depatmental performance both on means and results, then support them in course correction to achieve company objectives.
- Together with the Business Development Lead/Manager, analyse customer and market data and provide insights for improvement
Desired Qualifications & Experience;
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science, Operations Management, or Natural Sciences.
- At least 3 years of experience in working with business operations in manufacturing or agriculture value chains.
- Proficient in statistics, data analysis, reporting, & presentation (expertise in spreadsheets is a minimum requirement, knowledge of other statistical tools such as sigma XL & R is an advantage).
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive familiarity with ICT systems such as ERP, CRM and productivity packages such as Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively; both oral and written, in English and Kiswahili.
- Bias towards logical thinking, analysis, and synthesis.
- Self management, and passion for working with social impact enterprises.
- Excellent coaching and facilitation skills.
Expression of Interest Application
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 18th 2022. Applicants must indicate the subject line for the role applied, failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
“Natural Extracts Industries is an equal opportunity employer“
Thanks for Reading Job Opportunities at Natural Extracts Industries Ltd 2022
GO TO WEBSITE HOME PAGE ajirampyazone.com to Explore more!