|Unitrans Tanzania Limited|
UNITRANS TANZANIA LIMITED
Unitrans Tanzania Limited has the following exciting opportunities at Kilombero and Kilosa Districts, Morogoro Region where is contracted for various agricultural operations to the sugar industry.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified, dynamic and experienced person for the following job post.
The below job vacancy call for dynamic and qualified proactive individuals with strong background on their professionals.
Suitable candidates should have the following:
- At least Form A education level
- English literate
- Class A, B, D, F, E & G driver’s license
- At least 2 years’ experience in a trainer position.
- Attend vocational training collage
- Attend driver instructor/trainer course.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare lessons that are tailored to operators’ needs.
- Provide on job training theory and practical skills related to all aspects of driving to operators.
- Demonstrate the Tanzania Road Traffic Act and its regulations.
- Demonstrate haulage techniques to improve work safety efficient.
- Provide work guidance in accordance to work instructions as issued by customer from time to time.
- Monitoring and control onsite fuel and oil usage.
- To familiarize yourself with the requirements of Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- To train operators and ensure that, the necessary checks on machinery and equipment are carried out and their findings are recorded in the register.
- To ensure all machines assigned to the operation are safe to be operated.To perform monthly inspections of your workplace and equipment using checklist.
- To ensure that no employees is allowed to operate machinery unless he is adequately trained and competent to do so.
- To conduct operators’ evaluation and Planned Task Observation to operators.
- Documenting and reporting operators training progress.
- To liaise with safety, health, and environmental representatives when they are performing their inspections.
- To participate in incident and accident investigation when happen in workplace
MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANIC (DIESEL MECHANIC)
- Certificate in motor vehicle mechanic course grade l-lll
- 5-10 years’ experience in a haulage environment.
- Knowledge of the following brands Bell, John Deere, Game and Cat
- Relevant technical knowledge of specific mining equipment
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Basic welding knowledge
- Basic hydraulic knowledge
- Basic computer knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the fleet is maintained in the most cost-effective way by the efficient ordering of spares and consumables.
- Ensure maximum availability on the fleet and least amount of down time.
- Preventative maintenance is done as per manufacturer recommendation.
- Service company vehicles to predefined checklists.
- Diagnostics on all Equipment.
- Completion of job Cards.
- Minor panel beating and welding if skilled.
- Take oil samples as per policy.
- Ensure that repairs at breakdowns are diagnosed and the manager/foreman is informed immediately after work has been performed.
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained in accordance with both legal requirements and according to company policies and procedures or mining requirements.
- Ensure proper safety measures are always taken at work and on the road for Unitrans.
- Ensure that appropriate safety measures are always taken, and all work is carried out in a safety aware environment.
- Complete necessary documents regarding breakdowns, services, spares drawn etc.
- File documents pertaining to service and repairs of vehicles. All vehicle documents need to be filled in by artisan after completing and signed off by foreman and filed into vehicle file.
- Does weekly stock take with the workshop foreman
- Must stand in for the foreman when needed.
- Complete necessary maintenance tasks to the correct standard and in a reasonable amount of time so as to minimize operational downtime”.
- Completed degree in Finance/Accounting or related qualification
- Recognised member of a financial professional institute
- Minimum 8 years proven experience in an accounting role
- 3 Years’ experience in a senior supervisory role.
- Computer literate and proficiency in MS Office is essential
- Maintain a professional, responsible, ethical, independent and objective work ethic
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Manage costs and cost ratios with budget/target, and coordinate profit improvement and cost saving projects
- Analyse and compare different contracts for benchmarking and performance improvement
- Review monthly and annual forecasting based on operational requirements
- Continuous improvements are developed, and action plans are compiled on a regular basis
- Monitor operational expensesand ensure that they are correctly accounted for
- Manage and the internal and external audit process
- Close out audit issues raised by the Auditors
- Manage the operational financial requirements, reports, and requests from the heads of departments for the different contracts
- Support the heads of departments in the provision and interpretation of financial information
- Assist with the monitoring and advice on cash flows and predict future trends.
- Manage the business unit financial accounting
- Advise on the proper allocation of resources.
- Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are always in place and in use.
- Prepare and review detailed budgets for approval
- Make regular reports to management on income, expenditure, and any variations from budgets.
- Ensure that all financial reporting obligations are met in relation to submissions of any initiatives.
- Authorize expenditure up to limits as defined.
- The movements of assets are updated and controlled effectively.
- Completion of Management and Statutory Packs
- Review of Balance sheet reconciliations and other checks as indicated in the financial control policies.
- Assistance with annual financial statements as required
- Preparation of reports for Executive team
- Ensure that the information on the Financials truly reflects operational utilization and business activity for the month
- Key risk areas are monitored and evaluated.
- Risk assessment analysis is conducted
- Action is taken immediately to reduce and greatly minimize the chance of future risk.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.ajiraleo.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Interested candidates may apply by email their CV’s to email@example.com, Email subject should be the position that you are applying.
Deadline is 10th December 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.