Junior Human Resource Officer at Expert Consultancy November, 2022
Our client in the Manufacturing industry is looking for a Junior HR Officer to provide professional management of the Human Resources function in the company based in Arusha.
Salary: Tshs 500,000.00 to 600,000.00 Gross Salary
- Facilitate implementation of the company’s HR policies and procedures while providing advice on HR matters
- Manage and maintain confidentially of employees records
- Assist line managers in identifying training needs for staff, Identifying suitable trainers or training institutions
- Administer staff benefits
- Handle grievances and disciplinary matters in order to enhance industrial harmony
- Coordinating staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff
- Ensuring new employees are properly inducted in the organization through preparation and facilitation of the orientation program
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place as well as providing advice and assistance in writing the JDs
- Coordinating with the Management and HODs in ensuring the employee performance appraisals are scheduled and done
- Monitor staff performance and attendance activities through monitoring attendance, staff absences and recommending solutions to solve attendance difficulties
- Advise management on the legal and other implications resulting from certain HR related decisions
- Leave Management – ensuring leave is taken and records well kept
- Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to by all the staff members
- Participate in the payroll process by providing attendance data, overtime information and distributing pay slips to staff members
- Conducting staff exit interviews and facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation and release from the organization
- Handling staff welfare matters
- Preparing and presenting regular HR & Administrative reports
Education and Experience
- Degree/Higher Diploma in HRM
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in an HR & Admin role
- Knowledge of Labor Laws
- Effective advisory and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Expert Consultancy is recruiting for our Client in Kisemvule Mkuranga a HSE Supervisor on a permanent Contract.
Salary: Tshs 2,000,000-3,000,000 Gross Salary
- Planning safe working practices and making necessary changes;
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation;
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely;
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies;
- Drawing-up safe operational procedures;
- Making regular site inspections;
- Compiling statistics;
- Making recommendations following accidents/incidents;
- Keeping up to date with developments within the profession;
- Making presentations to groups of employees/managers;
- Providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers;
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health;
- Writing reports, bulletins, and newsletters;
- Undertaking risk assessments;
- Identifying potential hazards;
- Determining ways of reducing risks;
- Liaising with relevant authorities;
- Organizing/attending health and safety meetings;
- Safely handling hazardous substances.
- A bachelor’s degree in a health, safety, or environmental field of study;
- HSE Qualification ( Certificate from any authorized certification board)
- 4 years’ experience in health and safety.
Skills & Competencies
- Good analytical skills and the ability to think critically;
- Good public speaking skills;
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures;
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organization skills;
- Leadership skills.
- Manufacturing operation skills
Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
Environmental Health & Safety Engineer at Expert Consultancy Ltd November, 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Tshs 1,200,000.00 Net Salary
Job Location: Kisemvule Mkurunga
Full Job Description
Our client is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Engineer to join our team in Mkuranga. As our client Environmental Health & Safety Engineer you will be responsible for leading the efforts to prevent accidents, injuries and illnesses throughout multiple sites. This includes maintaining compliance with OSHA, and applicable Worker’s Compensation statutes, and providing the facility with professional guidance for the effective administration of their Environmental, Health and Safety programs.
Overall Duties & Responsibilities
EHS Policy/Procedure/Program Development
- Provide uniform guidance for multiple facilities by developing, preparing and updating environmental, health and safety procedures and programs consistent with domestic ( EPA, OSHA, etc.) regulatory requirements and internal policy. Assist with implementation of such procedures and programs
Domestic Regulatory Agency Activity
- Represent multi-facility management in government, state, or local regulatory agency matters concerning EH&S compliance
- Audit/Review Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Programs
- Administer/coordinate/perform EH&S audit program and associated evaluations to ensure compliance for all facilities with regulations, good practices and corporate policies/procedures
- Advise and recommend control measures to reduce the effects of workplace and environmental stresses to acceptable levels, and assure compliance with domestic EH&S regulations, appropriate codes and company procedures
Industrial Hygiene Assessments and Surveys
- Establish, conduct, and direct routine I.H. and noise surveys at the facility to ensure compliance with regulations and recommended occupational health limits
- Recommend corrective action, as needed to ensure associate exposure levels to air contaminants are less than 10% of established limits
- Investigate complaints concerning alleged unsafe or unhealthy working conditions, determine validity of each and resolve the complaint in the best interest of associate protection and the company
Health and Safety Program Assistance/Consultation
- Complete analysis to determine injury/illness trends
- Establish pertinent strategy and initiatives to control/eliminate safety and health hazards and eliminate injuries/illnesses
- Provide consultation, education and training for facility management and associates to understand the H & S related risks and their role in reducing these risks for the protection of associates and the environment
- Maintain a Material Safety Data Sheet file on all hazardous chemicals used within the facility. Prepare and file annual hazardous materials inventory reports as necessary
- Assess health and safety information dissemination and training needs for all facilities. Develop training programs and procedures to drive safe behaviors
- Establish and maintain an effective communication system to insure relevant Safety and Health information is provided to management and associates on a timely basis
- Drive the associate proactive safety bonus program and work to increase participation
- Other duties may be assigned
- There will supervisory duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent from a college or university in Environmental Health and Safety Management or Engineering; and 5 to 7 years related Environmental Health and Safety experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in EHS
- Working knowledge of domestic Federal, State and local environmental, health and safety regulations, ordinances, practices and requirements
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel ad PowerPoint
- Experience in Site, AutoCAD, Access
- Obtained or eligible for professional certification in Industrial Hygiene (CIH), Safety (CSP), and/or Hazardous Materials (CHMM).
- Demonstrated successful leadership and guidance of EH&S management and interaction with all levels of management
- Prior experience with regulatory investigations
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25kg. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
HOW TO APPLY:
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join our client, this is just the job for you.
Kindly submit a written application letter & CV, including all relevant information by 30th November, 2022 via e-mail to email@example.com
Please note ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.