Abt Associates Inc. is implementing a USAID/Tanzania Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus (PS3+) Activity. PS3+ is a new 5-year program that aims to institutionalize Government of Tanzania (GOT) public systems that are responsive to citizens’ needs for quality services at the local level, particularly for underserved populations. With the Government of Tanzania, PS3+ does this by extending the use of strengthened management systems to the community level, increasing citizen engagement in the planning and oversight of services, improving governance through transparent budgeting, and expanding payment reform as important next steps in Tanzania’s journey to self- reliance.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL TANZANIAN MULTIMEDIA FIRM TO SUPPORT USAID PUBLIC SECTOR SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING PLUS (PS3+) COMMUNICATIONS ACTIVITIES
In effort of supporting the GOT public sector systems strengthening, effective communication between staff and partners, and with USAID, GOT, Development Partner projects, and other stakeholders is critical to the success of PS3+. In view of this, PS3+ is planning to engage a Tanzanian locally registered Multimedia firm to support the communication unit activities including but not limited to development of short videos, high quality photos, social media materials, graphic designs for reports and presentations, designed to reach wider range of audiences with information on project and its impact in realizing quality public services at the local level particularly for underserved populations. The engagement of a local firm aims to contribute to effective implementation, work closely with PS3+ Communications Team to ensure expected quality of output, provide better local knowledge and enhancing sustainability.
This local firm is expected to have hands on experiences in multimedia assignments across various sectors preferably in health, education, public finance, social welfare, agriculture, and nutrition, among others.
The specific objectives of this SOW are to:
- In collaboration with PS3+ communications team produce high quality communications products to communicate the generosity support of American people through various public sector system strengthening interventions.
- Support the PS3+ communication team to promote the identity and positive image of PS3+ the program among different stakeholders within and beyond Tanzania through communication materials produced.
Required organizational qualifications and experience Interested offerors must have the following qualifications.
- Locally registered firm with updated portfolio of practical work experience of undertaking multimedia related assignments in or beyond Tanzania.
- Technical Knowledge and experience in video production, editing, graphic design, photography, and social media.
- Experience working for international organizations and development projects. A) Experience working with Local Government Authorities.
- Excellent written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, in Swahili and English
- Good and strong leadership, good finance, and human resources structures as well as teamwork sprit.
Interested Offerors can obtain “ The Request for Proposal Information Package” through Hannah_Mwandoloma@ps3plus.org (Hannah Mwandoloma, Director of Communications) or visit the PS3+ Offices (Address below) to collect from 17th November 2022 to Friday 25th, 2022, at 1200 Noon.
The Submission of RFP will be from 27th November 2022 to Thursday 8th December 2022, at 1200 Noon.
Abt Associates Inc., USAID Public Sector Systems Strengthening Plus Activity
(PS3+), P.O.BOX 32444 Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Plot No. 11321 Block 56 Msasani Road I Oyster Bay I Dar es Salaam
(Adjacent to UNFPA Offices – UN Road)