Position Title: Head of Finance
Reports to: General Manager – Operations
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Provide Technical financial management and oversight of the Finance Department.
• Coordinate the day-to-day management of the company finances. This involves:
o Overseeing the cash flow and cash position of the Company and making appropriate recommendations to management.
o Accurate and timely Tax Returns and ensure they are filed safely o Advising on appropriate investments.
• Support the Head of Departments in pricing client proposals, responding to Requests for Proposals/Information and developing budgets (with oversight).
• Facilitate negotiation of client and vendor contracts between clients/vendors including full review of all business terms (with oversight).
• Assist Head of Departments with monthly project budget to actual tracking and other required adhoc reporting.
• Drive profitability by working with management to improve efficiencies and cut operating costs
• Facilitate billing and accurately update the Accounting Software.
• Manage the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure they are in line with Company targets.
• Prepare management reports, identify and communicate areas of concern and suggested improvements to account staff and management (e.g. client profitability, utilization, over/under service, revenue risk and staffing plans).
• Support the external audit process by resolving audit queries.
Governance and Compliance
• Develop and implement financial strategies, policies, regulations and programs
• Enforce compliance to the financial rules & regulations across the Company
• Part of the Management Team
• Supervise team of 5 finance professionals.
• Contribute to performance appraisal process for peers and managers.
• Supervise and train Finance personnel and be accountable for their work.
• Provide ongoing constructive feedback and consistently hold staff accountable for performance, compliance and ethical business conduct.
• Train staff on internal finance systems, procedures and financial project management.
• Set achievable goals and tasks, delegate opportunities and provide resources for staff to meet their goals; consistently measure and reward goal achievement.
• Ad hoc requests and projects.
- Use Data to make informed decisions, that led to positive outcomes in the company.
- Acting in a Sense of Ownership & or Sense of Urgency
- Personal growth and initiatives that add value to your work and to the Team Timely Execution Accomplishing tasks in a timely manner
PREFERRED SKILLS FOR POSITION
• Advanced degree in Accounting, finance or business administration majoring in accounting and finance.
• Membership to Professional Accounting bodies such as CPA (T) and ACCA
• At least 5-7 years of progressive and professional accounting experience, preferably in a relatively large institutional set up, of which at least 4 years should have been in a senior management role related to accounting and finance.
• Well organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail, follows through on multiple projects and juggle conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong financial analysis and management skills; good business acumen.
• Ability to articulate financial concepts in layman’s terms.
• Knowledge and use of SAP will be added advantage
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Client service oriented and fosters positive working relationships.
• Committed to continuous learning and building your technical and leadership skills through training.
• Helps motivate and coach teams to produce quality work and meet client objectives.
• Shares best practices, good ideas, and mistakes freely to establish trust, transparency and teamwork.
• Financial strategies, policies, procedures, rules and regulations are in place and regularly updated.
• Effective internal controls in place.
• Timely presentation of consolidated directorate’s financial reports and budgets.
• Consolidated annual work plans and Quarterly/annual performance reports for the Company in place. • Minimal internal and external audit queries.
• Annual performance appraisals for individual staff presented to the HR Department in time
• Values o Data Driven o Effective Communication o Continuous Improvement o Timely Execution