- Design CVM strategic initiatives that will lead to customer base growth,
- Analyze customer behavior and create, execute and monitor direct marketing campaigns that will maximise the customer’s lifetime value through increasing their engagement and growing their revenues/margins,
- Manage customer life cycles to ensure growth in value, ARPU, Active Days of use,
- Manage M-Pesa customer churn,
- Provide overall business visibility and timely delivery of key reports,
- Lead CVM Team to develop and apply machine learning model and statistical techniques for insights to ensure competent approach to various commercial activities,
- Ensuring CVM campaigns drive the KPIs (Incremental revenue,
- Engagement (Cross sell/Up sell), Inactivity management,
- Participate in implementation of new M-Pesa products to ensure proper pricing and support driving product/service penetration (Merchant, Changisha etc),
- Create Campaign Business Case and ensure ROI on the campaigns.
- Analyse customer data for insights to Implement and execute a customer value management strategy to maximise customer lifetime value and the contribution of the customer base to overall services revenue.
- Lead the business transformation to embed CVM and data driven decision-making principles and culture across the organization.
- Commercial delivery: Support the implementation of all CVM campaigns e.g. upsell M-Pesa customers to transact more, cross-sell M-Pesa into the voice(GSM) base, inactivity and churn management campaigns, real-time contextual trigger campaigns etc…
CVM operations activities:
- Responsible for Customer insight analysis,
- Responsible for end to campaign management in terms of operations & execution,
- Creation & execution of campaigns within the agreed timelines,
- Collaborate with product owners and other stakeholders for gathering requirements and translating them into campaigns after doing a feasibility check and preparation of business requirement specification(BRS)
- Engage with various team on Campaign configuration, User Acceptance Testing(UAT), business rules validation, prioritization, launch & post launch monitoring,
- Collaborate closely with internal and external(vendors) support teams to ensure campaigns are running as expected as well as facilitating fixing any technical issues affecting ongoing campaigns within agreed SLAs
- Support the availability of data for reporting of CVM campaigns and initiatives performance, Create/maintain all campaign related documentation (Briefs, Change logs, Business Cases, UAT documents)Drive adoption of new products and service penetration across the region
- Implement and manage a holistic blueprint for campaign management & fulfilment by scoping out the data-mart layer all the way to the fulfilment layer.
- Integrate output through campaign management, charging and fulfilment platforms, by translating CVM objectives to IT / Technical teams
Technical /Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Sciences, IT, Engineering, Data Science or a related field
- Outstanding systems integration skills to understand customer data(data-mart) and systems integration in campaign platform
- Strong SQL skills with experience in relational OLTP database models(OLAP is a plus)
- Prior experience of telecom industry is an added bonus
- Open, fact-based approach; ability to understand and translate commercial objectives to technical teams for ensuring delivery of business requirements from campaign platform
- Disciplined detail-oriented style, combined with ability to simultaneously work at an operational level
- Experience in SQL and Database management is an added bonus
- Modern Marketing Leadership
- Data Analytics and Insights
- Campaign Development and Management
- Always on Marketing
- Strategy Execution
- External trends and insights
- Business and Commercial Acumen
- People Development
- Product/Solution Proposition Strategy and Design
- Customer Centricity
- Segment Strategy and Planning
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.