|Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania|
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dares Salaam.
We are seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced Radiologist as described below:
REPORTING TO HEAD OF RADIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Provide Specialist clinical consultation to clinicians by providing expert opinion on the conditions of patients as referred to them. He/she specializes in diagnosing and treating disease and injury through the use of medical imaging techniques such as x-rays, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography (PET), fusion imaging, and ultrasound and interventional radiology as well as interpreting the images and diagnosing illnesses and injuries.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in conjunction with clinicians and colleagues to develop and adapt protocols to produce improved scanning techniques.
- Provide advice, when sought, to clinicians on the appearance of a diagnostic image, within the clinical radiology practitioner’s scope of competency.
- To justify and perform radiographic examinations and analyses and interprets results to assist with diagnosis and treatment of the patient.
- Maintains clear lines of communication between all clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure the delivery of a quality imaging service.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the safe operation of all X-Ray and ultrasound equipment and manage faults effectively.
- Uses clinical judgment and experience to ensure optimum imaging standards and patient care for individual cases as a specialist in own area of expertise.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Masters Medicine in Radiology or equivalent from a recognized University
- Doctor of Medicine Degree or equivalent from a recognized University
- Must have valid Registration from Medical Council of Tanganyika.
- Must have valid practicing License from Medical Council of Tanganyika.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.ajirampyazone.com as the source of this job advertisement.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 05, 2022.
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply”