|Alliance Life Assurance Ltd
ALLIANCE LIFE ASSURANCE LTD
INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR THE POSITIONS OF:
HR and Admin Manager
We are looking for an experienced HR and Admin Manager to join our team!
As a HR and Admin Manager, you will be responsible for recruiting, on-boarding and talent acquisition and retention; training and development of staff; records management; performance management; planning, development, implementation and on-going evaluation of Human Resources policies and procedures, labour relations, logistics management, company insurance management, custody of company assets and other requirements. The incumbent will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Nature and Scope of the Position:
Recruitment, Talent Acquisition and Retention
- Recruitment and appointment of appropriate candidates for a vacant position.
- Preparing employment letters including offer of employment, renewal of contract, confirmation of employment letters.
- Retention of staff through varied motivation and retention strategies.
Training and Development
- To oversee that probationary staff receive proper training related to the positions they have been employed for.
- Identify training needs for the staff and coordinate said trainings.
- Support management with the implementation of the performance management system.
- Assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the Company training budget.
- Maintaining employee training records.
Disciplinary Policy and Procedures
- Guide the company on disciplinary procedures.
- Reminding staff to observe to code of conduct (advice/verbal warning) and keep records of any formal disciplinary action taken e.g. warning letters/disciplinary transfers.
- Managing all employees’ files
- Managing employees’ daily attendance: to keep records regarding annual leaves, sick leave and absence into employee’s personal files.
- To ensure that all employees’ particulars e.g. employment contracts, performance appraisal forms, salary increments, leave and loan forms, sick sheets, academic qualifications, record of disciplinary actions (i.e. warning letters) go into employees personal files.
- To update annual leave schedules and plan and report on the status of employees leave and leave days outstanding.
- Responsible for confidential record keeping and ensuring confidentiality in HR issues.
Performance Management and Appraisal
- Preparing guidelines for performance management and effective performance appraisals.
- Coordinating and participating in quarterly/bi-annually performance appraisal including planning and monitoring performance appraisals.
- Ensure all company employees are well trained in the performance appraisal system.
- To oversee the planning of official functions e.g. staff teambuilding, training sessions, and any other functions.
- To ensure that all HR related matters including statutory requirements are compliant (including immigration, etc.).
Supporting Finance Department
- To cross-check and approve payments of admin related procurement.
- To ensure that all procurement follow the standard operating procedure set by the company.
- To assist with the administration of payment for all statutory payments.
- Ensure all staff are aware of the various staff benefits available and how they are administered.
- Responsible for administering benefits plan, medical benefits and insurance, statutory deductions and working closely with the management on this aspect to ensure procedure is followed.
- Assists with the development of Human Resources policies for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forward.
- To advise managers and supervisors about steps in the progressive disciplinary system of the company.
- Assists with the implementation of company health and safety programs.
· To oversee the planning of official functions e.g. staff teambuilding, training sessions, and any other functions.Oversight of the Administration team.
Any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your up-line manager.
Education including specialized training
· A university degree in Human Resources or any other related field such as Organizational Psychology, Policy Management, Business Administration or Industrial Relations.
· A good standing academic record.
· Professional HR Certification will be an added advantage.
· At least 5 years’ experience: 2 of which must be at management level.
· A personality with practical skills and interest in maintaining good employer-employee relations.
· A passion to understand different aspects of Human Resources management and administration.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
· Excellent attention to detail and follow up, possess good judgment and integrity and able to remain patient in difficult situations.
· Excellent Interpersonal skills.
· Good listening skills.
· Highly effective and efficient in meeting commitments and achieving results.
· Hard working.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Certified Programs. A working knowledge of an HRM software is an added advantage.
We are looking for a Receptionist to join our team!
As a Receptionist, you will be responsible for the reception area, including the greeting of all guests, answering phone calls, providing support and assisting guests at the reception, as well as responding to enquiries about the company services and products; booking appointments etc. The reception provides the first contact with people wanting to do business with Alliance Life, and provides the first chance for outsiders to make an impression on the business. This makes the receptionist an important role in the image building process of the business. By the nature of the business the incumbent must have a fair understanding of the business processes to enable the effective management of the relationships with the outside. The incumbent will report to the HR and Admin Manager.
Nature and Scope of the Position:
The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change from time to time. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate a function. Detailed description of the main tasks performed by the job holder includes:
Attend to phone calls.
- Receive outside calls, route them promptly and appropriately to the correct individual. To answer the phone promptly and use the guest’s name throughout the telephone conversation. To note and distribute appropriate telephone messages in a timely manner.
- To maintain and provide monthly reports to the HR and Admin Manager on the out-going call register for mobile, upcountry and international calls. To cross check the reports against the monthly telephone bills.
Handling clients, brokers and general guests
- To receive clients, brokers and general guests who come in person to Alliance Life. Maintain eye contact when dealing with external and internal guests. Handle guest’s questions and concerns professionally and courteously. Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests to ensure complete guests satisfaction.
Receive goods and correspondence
- To receive letters, claims, goods and parcels, and route these to the individuals concerned in order to support the business operation. To ensure that all letters, claims and cheques collected from the Alliance Life reception are recorded and signed for by the recipients in the delivery book.
- To ensure the reception (chairs, desk, computer) and surrounding areas are kept clean, tidy and presentable with a pleasant ambience at all times.
General performance standards
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Assist in all areas of Alliance Life operations as requested by management.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the Alliance Life that require attention.
- To facilitate timeous renewal of all Alliance Life Insurance policies.
- To write minutes for all staff meetings, and submit them within one week of the meeting, for any feedback and circulate it accordingly.
- To provide support in organizing snacks/lunches during staff events and Board Meetings.
- Record keeping of all items/goods that go out of the Company through courier.
- To perform any other duties delegated by the HR and Admin Manager and any other up-line manager/officer.
- To supporting departments that need assistance with administrative and secretarial tasks.
Education including specialized training
· Certificate, Diploma or a Degree in either administration, procurement or records keeping.
· Computer literacy including MS Office and internet proficiency.
· Minimum 1 year of relevant past experience.
This role requires an execution oriented individual with:
- Good communication skills (speaking, writing, reading, listening)
- High Integrity
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Honesty, reliability and dependability.
- Speed and Accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to solve problems effectively.Personal Initiative and ability to perform under minimum supervision.Positive attitude towards work as well as hardworking.Team player.
If you are confident that you match the above mentioned criteria please send your detailed C.V mentioning the position in the subject line to: email@example.com. Deadline to submit your application is 17h00 on Tuesday, 27th December 2022. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.