Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Company Industry Logistics/Construction/Equipment Hire
Work Type Full Time
Minimum Qualification Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience Minimum 5 years
Poltan Africa Limited is seeking a qualified and competent candidate for the Accountant Role. This
will be a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Accountant Officer is responsible for supporting the Company with effective and efficient financial planning, management as well as overall compliance with applicable rules & regulations.
The Accountant Officer will be responsible for the day to day financial operations of the Company;
S/He will implement Company’s financial systems to provide effective support to the Company.
The accountant will be responsible for several major duties:
1. Document financial transactions by entering account information.
2. Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
3. Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
4. Prepare accurate and properly analyzed monthly/annual financial statements and in the set deadlines. The financial statements must be in accordance with international financial standards.
5. Participate in the year end external audit of the company and in support in ensuring accurate statutory financial statements as audited and released on time.
6. Responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning, accounting for income taxes and preparation of tax returns.
7. Maintaining relations with TRA, tax advisers and advising other departments on all tax matters.
8. Ensure all payments subjected to withholding taxes are dealt with accordingly and withheld amounts are remitted to TRA within the stipulated time frame.
9. Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
10. Collect data to determine costs of business activity such as material purchases, inventory and labor.
11. Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast.
12. Maintain an expenses database and determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, allowances etc.)
13. Analyze actual operational costs and prepare periodic reports; compare standard costs to actual operational costs.
14. Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
15. Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting profitability of services
16. Prepare monthly and annual returns.
17. Process and prepare monthly statutory payments, such as NSSF, WCF, HESLB, NHIF, PAYE, SDL. These should be paid within the statutory deadlines.
18. In consultation with the Finance & Administration Manager, prepare payments relating to corporate tax on a quarterly basis.
19. Analyze and report profit margins.
20. Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions.
21. Periodic review of the inventory of fleet, equipment, spare parts and other movable assets is accurately maintained.
22. Perform any other duties as shall be reasonably assigned to you by management from time to time.
Accountant General Skills and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study,
– In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),
– Hold Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and / or ACCA
– Cost Accounting Knowledge,
– Minimum work experience of 5 years in a related field.
– Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound nderstanding of accounting principles.
– Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
– Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail,
– Microsoft Office literacy.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
To apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline 2022-12-08