Data Quality Specialist III
time type Full time
job requisition id R3342
PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations. Local salary structures will apply for candidates in other countries.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Supports overall holistic child development and provides ongoing subject matter expertise in collecting, advising on the collection of, and using high quality data to measure program inputs, outputs, and outcomes. Aids National Office M&E team, Business Analyst, partnership facilitators, program support team and church partners, by providing coaching and knowledge to foster high quality data collection.
- Will provide technical advice on data quality to national office, regional, and global staff. Growing depth and breadth of knowledge in field of expertise educates others regarding industry standards, national policies and best practices.
- Develops national or global level tools and instruments for use throughout the monitoring function that enable the program team to conduct empirical assessment to keep track of progress towards data quality through generation of monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Develops automated processes, systems, and tools to ensure high quality throughout lifecycle of scaling data collection. Advises and trains national and global staff on these processes, systems, and tools. Collaborate and consults with IT in the development of products to ensure adherence to data governance, security guidelines, and data architecture standards.
- Serves as a subject matter expert regarding partner compliance and adherence to national or global standards, procedures, and policies related to data quality, especially data collection of child, church, and intervention focused data.
- Collaborates with M&E team, Business Analysts, partnership facilitators, national, regional, or global program support team members and leaders, to provide insight and expertise regarding data quality
- Monitors all child focused dashboards, data collection dashboards, and data quality dashboards, to track critical program dimensions and data quality and enables the National Office to see meaningful improvements or decline in data quality. Conducts complex analysis and interpretation of dashboard metrics movement and makes recommendations to the partnership facilitator, program support, and the National Office Leadership Team as needed.
- May coach and provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the monitoring and evaluation discipline around data quality.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Preference: An additional certification in technical process (e.g. coding, AWS, application construction).
- 5-7 years Relevant experience working in this or a related field.
- Able to utilize statistical analysis to determine data quality (histogram, distribution)
- Has experience in creating data validation rules in digital data collection
- Able to configure Salesforce and create visualizations in Tableau
- Able to develop, prioritize, and manage data quality improvement roadmap, with a cost/benefit analysis lens, and many processes happening at the same time
- Able to develop clear principles to define data quality and investigate root causes of data quality issues
- Able to collaborate with multiple diverse teams for a single goal
- Able to build systems to help automate data quality processes
- Able to work with the end user in mind
Licenses and Certifications
Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organization in a related field.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule
MODE OF APPLICATION