Location Tanzania – Dodoma
Employment Duration Full time
Title: Informatics Officer
Direct Supervisor: Senior Strategic Results Manager
Technical Supervisor: Senior Informatics Manager
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Informatics Officer will technically be supervised by the Senior Informatics Manager and works on day to day under the Senior Strategic Results Manager. The Informatics Officer will have in-depth knowledge and skills in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Data analytics and Visualizations using Power Bi and Tableau
- Data infrastructure support and Service delivery
- Applications development, including customization of existing open platforms available
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as python, Java and other languages for data capture, query, validation, visualization and storage systems (e.g SQL Server, DAX,PHP etc)
- Working knowledge of relational database design, implementation and data management.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Support EMR (CTC2) use in EGPAF-supported facilities, and develop and implement a quality assurance strategy to improve EMR data completeness and accuracy in all supported sites.
- Support data infrastructure (Infostructure) mainly build by the EMR components and other outside the supported facilities
- Implement and maintain mHealth solutions to facilitate real-time data transmission and report sharing.
- On demand data management, analytics and use
- Ad hock and planned application development
- Be Involved in data management, analytics and visualizations
- Collaborate with end-users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management, access, use, and delivery.
- Capacitate EGPAF staff to adhere to standard operating procedures for data handling and documentation.
- Influence data use culture within the program staff
- Contribute to data quality through routine data validation exercises in the facilities at aggregate levels.
- Support data collection activities during the quarterly report collection period and through the preparation of data for the Data Analysis sessions.
- Contribute to EGPAF technical team member capacity in using data to describe program inputs, outputs, and outcomes.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
To be successful, you will have:
- A degree in Computer science or Computer Engineering
- 3 years of hands on experience in supporting data infrastructure and applications development
- Strong hands on experience on SQL ,Azure ,Python and Java
- Working knowledge of data analytics and visualization using power BI or Tableau
Bonus points if you have:
Certification in any database management system
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve . Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) began supporting HIV and AIDS programming in Tanzania in 2003 and established a country office in 2004. Ever since, in close collaboration and partnership with the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government, EGPAF expanded scope to supporting quality comprehensive and integrated HIV, GBV, TB and Family planning services in the supported regions. Recently, EGPAF in collaboration with consortium partners Amref Health Tanzania, Engender Health, D-tree International and Matchboxology won the U.S. Agency for International Development
(USAID)/Tanzania Afya Yangu Northern is designed around client – centred approaches to address gaps in HIV, TB and Family Planning (FP) service delivery, while continuously building and transferring the capacity of local stakeholders for sustainable and country- led ownership. USAID Afya Yangu Northern will focus on intensely on direct service delivery across all regions in early project years, ensuring that gaps to epidemic control are identified, and tailored solutions are designed to meet the needs of vulnerable populations
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to the below Link:
Link to job: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2893
Closing Date: December 31st 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.