Regulatory Affairs Manager, Mobile Financial Services (MFS)
- Dar es salaam
- Ensure MTMSL compliance to relevant laws, rules, regulations, guidelines, circulars and internal policies governing MFS business
- Provide guidance to MTMSL on regulatory issues and proactively monitoring emerging MFS regulatory policies for effective intervention
- Proactively manage and mitigate regulatory risks related to MTMSL
- Secure regulatory approvals for MFS products and services approvals
- Ensure MTMSL business is always covered with valid licenses and ensure compliance to licence terms, conditions, and obligations
- Establish and maintain long term relationships with key stakeholders at appropriate levels
- Represent MTMSL in various meetings with the Bank of Tanzania and other relevant stakeholders
WE LEAD AND CONTRIBUTE.
by connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, Passion, simplicity, integrity, and innovation.
- Ensure MTMSL compliance to relevant laws, regulations, rules, regulations, guidelines, circulars and internal policies governing MFS business
- Provide regulatory guidance to MTMSL on day-to-day activities
- Ensure timely application and renewal of all licences required for MFS business
- Secure relevant regulatory approvals and concessions timely to allow smooth business operations
- Prepare regulatory compliance matrix for compliance monitoring
- Manage and coordinate regulatory reporting both internally and externally
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of reports to BOT and other relevant stakeholders
- Support MTMSL on implementation of key projects as directed by the regulator
- Ensure all regulatory correspondences with Regulatory Authorities are accurate, comprehensive and represent MTMSL positions
- Represent MTMSL in industry associations, private sector, and governmental forums on MFS related matters
- Ensure close follow up on day-to-day MTMSL regulatory operational matters
- Respond to requests for regulatory information and proactively communicate regulatory changes
- Engage the regulator in discussion pertaining to MFS business
- Bachelor or Master degree in Law
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work independently and part of the team
- Critical thinking, ability to use logic and reasoning to identify key issues and offer, conclusions approaches or alternative solutions.
- Ability to work cross functions
- Ability to consistently demonstrate initiatives and confidence in day-to-day engagements with regulators and external stakeholders
- Credibility and professionalism to maintain high levels of confidentiality when dealing with regulatory matters
- In depth knowledge of regulatory and public [policy governing financial services
- Acumen to balance commercial and regulatory interests
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in telecommunication or banking industry
- Experience in the telecommunications, or Fintech digital or any other highly regulated industry; as well as dealing with, designing, and executing regulatory, legislative strategies and policies.
- Experience gathering information, performing analysis and drawing conclusions on legislative and regulatory policies
- Experience in engaging with Regulatory bodies and Government Institutions
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices”. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted”.
Upload your CV to apply (PDF document is required)
End date to apply: 19/12/2022.