Social Mobilizer, Girls’ Education Program
locations Tanzania – Tanga
time type Full time
job requisition id R-02324
The social mobilizer is responsible for the implementation, coordination development and reporting of the Girls’ Education program in the respective school (s). She would serve as the first point of contact for the school, parents and scholars. This position will be field based in one of the government schools. The position will also involve regular interaction with school administrators, parents, School Management Committee members, teachers and scholars.
The Social Mobilizer reports to the Officer, Girls Education Program
Duties & Responsibilities
Program and Financial Management
- Develop a thorough understanding of Room to Read’s Girls’ Education program design
- Responsible for ongoing implementation of the Girls’ Education program under her jurisdiction, ensuring timely, efficient and well-coordinated implementation, adhering to the program and budget guidelines
- Responsible for managing relationships with school, community and respond to issues that may arise in these relationships.
- Organizing and facilitating events, life skills camps, field trips and other educational based forums.
- Facilitating life skills education sessions, and children club meetings
- Conducting group and individual mentoring sessions
- Conduct material support need assessment as needed and appropriate, material delivery to selected girls and monitor its usage
- Collect/ update alumnae contact information begore girls graduates and on an ongoing basis
- Conduct periodic meetings with community members, parents, community leaders, head of schools and teachers.
- Supports donor visits through demonstration projects and presentation, as needed.
- Ensure effective utilization of program budget through proper planning and tracking of planned activities.
Reporting and Documentation
- Timely submission of Monthly Program Report and Quarterly Progress Report in desired format to program officer.
- Support collecting accurate and data to be entered in online software (GSD)
- Maintaining and timely update of all field level records
- Collecting and documenting case studies and success stories to share the impact of Girls Education Program intervention at the School level
- Participate in review meetings and any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in the education sector
- Experience in facilitating life skills, mentoring and coaching
- Working knowledge and understanding of project management
- Strong planning and project implementation skills
- Ability to work in remote area
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Proven ability to work effectively with schools and communities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Knowledge on one or more of thematic areas- Life Skills/ gender/learning psychology- is preferred
- Experience working with and or counseling adolescent girls.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Fluency in language spoken by girls is an advantage.
- English fluency strongly preferred.
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiatives.
- Report writing experience
Room to Read offers competitive pay with excellent benefits. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
Room to Read is a Child Safe organization.
Location(s) Tanzania – Tanga
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled