Meal Officer at Lay Volunteers International Association (LVIA) Tanzania
Lay Volunteers International Association (LVIA) Tanzania Jobs 2023
Meal Officer at LVIA
LVIA is looking for a Project Assistant/MEAL officer for the EU funded project entitled ”Kijani Pemba – Strenghtening Urban Eco-Resilience in Chake Chake and Mkoani”
Project Location: Chake Chake and Mkoani, Pemba Island, Zanzibar
Office Location: Chake Chake, PEMBA
Starting date: January 2024, 12 months contract, renewable
Salary: Tsh 1,300,000-1,500,000 according to the experience and level of education of the selected candidate.
Who we are
Lay Volunteers International Association (LVIA) is an Italian NGO working in ten African Countries including Tanzania with Headquarters in Cuneo Italy while in Tanzania our offices are in Kongwa District of Dodoma Region (P.O.BOX 160, Kongwa). LVIA has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years in supporting the community development especially on agriculture, health, and the improvement of access to potable water and hygiene.
LVIA is looking for a Project Assistant/MEAL officer to be employed in the framework of the EU funded project “Kijani Pemba – Strenghtening Urban Eco-Resilience in Chake Chake and Mkoani” .
The specific objective of the project isto promote inclusive and sustainable growth in Chake Chake and Mkoani areas, South Pemba, by increasing climate urban resilience and access to basic services, socio-economic opportunities and decision making, especially for women and youth in the urban poor communities.
This objective can be achieved through the following expected results:
- improved dialogue for participatory and coherent territorial planning among Local Authorities,
- communities and CSO;
- improved connectivity, coverage and access to safe water and sanitation, for public and social
- facilities, with a specific focus on girls and women’s access to services;
- socio-economic inclusion and economic empowerment of young people, girls and women, is
- promoted through environmentally sensitive waste managementservices and green small local
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and Country Representative the Project
- Assistant/MEAL officer will be responsible of the following duties:
- TASKS: Assist the Project Coordinator in the implementation of the project
- Support the Project Coordinator in planning activities, supervising projects in progress and ensures that all issues related to the projects are clarified and completed
- Write letters, activities report to local authorities
- Create specific strategies for easier and effective execution of projects
- Maintain contacts with potential stakeholders who may be interested in partnership, and
- good communication and relation with the project partners.
- Supervise tasks assigned to project staff as instructed by the Project Coordinator.
- Supervise project staff and ensure that they stick to project specification and guidelines
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and
- presentation to management
- Responsible for M&E of the whole initiative, data collection and analysis
- Provides technical assistance in data collection, training and supervision to local
- authorities and CSOs, preparation of data collection tools and supports in the elaboration
- of technical reporting and accountability
- In line with the project work plan and in compliance with LVIA strategies and
- methodology, ensures the project monitoring and evaluation in line with the project
- resources (human, material and financial), objectives, results, timeframe and
- methodology, giving his technical contribution to define a M&E system to measure the
- level of achievement of the indicators
- Assists the Project Coordinator in relating with International/Local Partners in Tanzania
- In co-ordination with the Project Coordinator develops, nurtures and sustains
- relationships and effective communications with relevant stakeholders, doing the liaison
- Local Government from Village to District and Regional level, national networks working
- in Tanzania
- Perform any other duty whenever required by the Project Coordinator
- Strong oral presentation skills for discussion and running meetings/events on project activities with tangible results
- Good interpersonal communication, report writing and computing skills
- Be well organized and work independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient knowledge and usage of KOBO, Access
- Sensitive to gender equality issues
- Good understanding of Project management, M&E processes, with a demonstrated ability to collect and analyze data and project’s indicators
- At least bachelor’s degree, preferably in Project Management, Management and Community
- Development, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related fields;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience as Project Assistant, MEAL
- officer or related;
- Previous experiences with international NGOs and donor funded projects
- Proven experience in developing project action plan, M&E tools, annual reports
- Proficiency in English and proven ability to write official reports and documents in English
- and Kiswahili;
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Strong research, decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Be a Tanzanian citizen
The Employee is requested to keep a flexible attitude and good degree of adaptation to possible
modifications and/or integration to the foreseen duties on the basis of necessities that may arise
locally, and to make an effort to integrate his/her work in the wider context of LVIA presence in
Tanzania in order to facilitate consistency and continuity among current and prospective
Relevant courses / certificates
- Knowledge on Monitoring & Evaluation or Water accessibility
- Desirable previous experience in Project management
- Valid motorcycle riding permit
We want to make sure we select candidates who pay attention to details and are able to
understand and follow organizational procedures.
Only the applications adhering to the following instructions will be taken into consideration:
1. Submit your application via email before 17:00 (EAT) of the 30th of November, 2023.
to this email address: email@example.com
2. The object shall state: “ Application for Project Assistant/MEAL Officer”.
3. Attach your Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter with a minimum of three references.
4. Do NOT attach at this stage Certificates or Transcripts; we will request them only for
LVIA is sensitive to equal employment rights for vulnerable groups, so we particularly encourage
applications from women and people with disabilities.