Intern Monitoring and Evaluation – Momentum Country and Global Leadership Program
Job ID 2023-5709
Location TZ-Dar es Salaam
Category International Positions
Employment Status Full-Time
Intern Monitoring and Evaluation – Momentum Country and Global Leadership Program at Jhpiego
Reporting to the Technical Advisor, immunization. In collaboration with M/E assistants, M/E interns will conduct monitoring visits in their work place and ensure at least 20 health facilities are visited by week and facilitate data quality and support the health facilities to develop data improvement plans. The M/E interns will also collaborate with the M/E assistants to prepare and present weekly performance and support the technical team to use analyzed data to inform the program implementation in their regions.
M/E interns will also be responsible for writing activity reports and supporting other program duties as assigned including logistics in program management.
After completion of the internship the Interns will be equipped with knowledge on Immunization/COVID 19 integrated programming, DQA /verification skills, utilization of chanjocovid system, monitoring data quality at facility level and facilitating development of action plans.
The interns will also be capable to collect, analyses and make sense of COVID & Routine Immunization data. They will also be equipped with program management and report writing skills. The internship Program will be based in Morogoro Region and Kagera Region.
- In collaboration with district counterparts, conduct regular field/site monitoring visits, DQAs, client verification and follow-ups.
- Support R/CHMT to collect and verify CHW and health care workers (HCW) daily reporting forms, verify data reported in the vaccination registers, verify data entered in the registers, crosscheck the progress toward achieving targets.
- Review data weekly with R/CHMTs to ensure harmonization of district level and project data into national ChanjoCovid systems.
- Supports the M&E Advisor in the development of district level COVID-19 and RI data visualizations dashboards.In collaboration with M/E assistants will conduct monitoring visits to at least 20 health facilities per week and conduct data quality and support the health facilities to develop data improvement plans.
- The M/E interns will also collaborate with the M/E assistants to prepare and present weekly performance and support the technical team to use analyzed data to inform the program implementation in their regions.
- Assist the M&E Assistants in the data collection, triangulation, and analysis of the required weekly report per Donor required indicators.
- Support data preparation for adaptive management meetings (e.g. data review meeting and after action reviews with project team)
- Be responsible to write activity reports in all assigned tasks.
- Support other program duties as assigned including logistics in field level program management.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, humanities, quantitative/qualitative research methods, public health, or any other related field.
- Must be a self-directed individual has multi-tasking abilities.
- 6 months relevant work experience in data collection and data entry preferably in health programming, social work, community development, non-government, and/or any organizations
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, excel and power BI.
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the staff time.
- Experience working with MOH information systems and personnel is an added benefit.
- Good analytical, oral and report- writing skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of using information systems. Knowledge of chanjocovid 19 system will be added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
This position will be closed on December 08th, 2023.