Specialist – Marketing
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Do you love creating engaging and successful content for a good cause? Are you passionate about fundraising? Do you have experience leading a team? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who you are
- You believe in the transformative power of education and are dedicated to our mission of making quality education accessible to all.
- You have a deep passion for marketing, communications, and creating change through impactful campaigns.
- You are a natural storyteller with robust communication skills, particularly in writing.
- You possess the ability to think holistically about an organization, its growth, and how its mission can be translated into successful marketing campaigns.
- You are interested in leading, growing, and developing a team in the dynamic field of marketing.
- You have experience in developing and measuring marketing campaigns through various channels, including paid advertising.
- You understand and can effectively communicate an organization’s distinct brand, language and culture to both local and international markets.
What you’ll do
- Join a dedicated team developing and executing marketing campaigns, helping oversee the organisation’s communications and fundraising activities, and drive awareness and engagement for St Jude’s to a local and international audience.
- You will work within our Head Office, ensuring all jobs are tracked effectively and stakeholders are aware of progress.
- You will identify ways to increase the effectiveness of our digital marketing efforts including paid advertising.
- You will help develop marketing strategies, annual work timelines and create and manage the Marketing budget.
- You will manage the design and production of all promotional materials such as, newsletters, brochures, communications to sponsors and donors, social media and the school’s website.
- You will lead our brand, ensuring all St Jude’s marketing materials align with our tone of voice, language and style guidelines.
What we’re looking for
- Marketing Experience of 3+ years in a similar role at a similar level.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in marketing, digital marketing, public relations, or communications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write and edit content across a variety of channels.
- Experience using Google Analytics, collecting and reporting on digital data. Digital marketing campaign experience, including paid advertising for social media.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a cohesive team environment.
- Naturally inquisitive, thrives on troubleshooting, and finding creative solutions.
- Strong planning, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Comfortable liaising at all levels with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in fundraising or not-for-profit marketing roles.
- Previous leadership experience or training.
- Graphic design experience using Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Understanding and experience with CRM systems, email builders, and content management systems like WordPress.
- A team-oriented individual with an upbeat attitude and a great sense of humour.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/MKT/07/23)
Applications close on 11 December 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES IN JOB ADVERTISEMENTS AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS. THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE DOES NOT REQUEST PAYMENT AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING THE OFFER STAGE. ANY PAYMENT REQUESTS SHOULD BE REFUSED AND REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES FOR APPROPRIATE ACTION.