Jumbo Operator at Barrick Gold Corporation
New Jobs at Barrick Gold Corporation
Barrick Gold Corporation
The Barrick North Mara Team is seeking to recruit a Jumbo Operator to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
- If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Mark up faces in accordance with geological, statutory and survey specification
- Install all ground support and drill cable bolt hole, decline etc
- Work without supervision to lead and complete technical activities for the department and ensure accurate and timely completion of activities
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality and environmental policies
- Responsible for conducting and reporting results while maintaining accurate and detailed records and or plods
- Prepare communication materials, manuals and other written materials related to technical issues, programs or systems
- Responds to complex technical problems, making decisions that are guided by policies
- Prioritizes and schedules work that is requested by the department
- May be responsible for the inspection and replacement of company tools
- Provides informal mentoring and learning to colleagues with less experience to enhance their technical knowledge and skill set
- College or technical training equivalent to 2 years of study
- Ability to read and understand designed ground support plans
- Basic electrical and mechanical knowledge of jumbo rigs
- Must demonstrate good oral / written communication skills in English
- Team Player and result oriented
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness
- Experience and competencies needed
- 8 -10 years of experience as a Jumbo Trainer/ Operator preferable under expatriate conditions
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Tamrock 2009 Axera Twin Boom Jumbos
- Proven previous experience in Underground Mining
- Previous supervisory/Trainer experience
- Understanding of basic Underground Mines Health & Safety Act
- Knowledge on Underground Mining operations
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision
- Ability to act and operate as part of a team and possess a “can do” attitude that will motivate the crew to action company directives, regardless of personal opinion.
- Good time management skills and the ability to complete tasks in a safe, timely and professional fashion
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Good analytical and organizational skills
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.