Project Manager Cum Community Facilitator at Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania
Job in Tanzania 2024: New Job Vacancies at Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) 2023
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) Jobs 2024
Project Manager cum Community facilitator
Project Manager Cum Community Facilitator at Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) December 2023
About Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT)
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) is a leading organization committed to ecological farming and sustainable community development. At SAT, we believe in empowering communities and building resilient environment systems.
SAT is registered as a local organization under the Non-Governmental Organizations Act – NGOs Act 2002. We are seeking dedicated and experienced persons to fill in the vacancies in the Sanddam Project in Dodoma.
The role of the Project Manager is to oversee the Sand Dam Project implemented in Dodoma region. This role involves the day-to-day management of the project, with a primary focus on community liaison, engagement, and acting as the key contact person with the project partner.
- Engage and mobilize communities, ensuring they understand the project’s purpose and their contributions.
- Train and support water management committees in Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and effective water resource management.
- Assist communities in developing water access agreements and by-laws.
- Promote and support the development of community tree nurseries.
- Facilitate training in tree planting and care.
Sand Dam Construction Support:
- Ensure readiness of dam sites, including mobilization of resources and logistics for the construction team.
- Coordinate with the community and team members for timely construction progress.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Reporting:
- Report to the Programme Manager and Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintain regular communication with the partner’s programmes team for updates and discussions on project activities.
- Facilitate partner team visits and participate in project reviews.
- Oversee M&E activities, including data collection and evaluation.
- Gather materials for case studies, community impact stories, and photographic documentation.
- Prepare and submit regular project reports to the partner.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Relevant Post graduate degree in Community Development or Rural development
2. Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience with community mobilization, facilitation and engagement
3. Experience with asset creation projects with communities will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application online, including a detailed CV and cover letter explaining their interest in and qualifications for the position, addressed to Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT), P.O. Box. 6369, Morogoro by 29th December 2023.