Youth Skills Development Coordinator at Swisscontact Tanzania
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Swisscontact Tanzania, 2023
Swisscontact Tanzania Jobs 2023
Skills for Employment (SET) is a Swiss Development Corporation (SDC) supported programme implemented in Tanzania. It aims to enhance youth (self-)employment for the Vocational Skills Development system.
It supports the government and private sector stakeholders to expand access to quality training that matches the demand from both the economy and youth.
The project improves relevance of labour market data for curriculum development, enhances the quality of vocational teachers through continuing professional development and provides access to tailor made practical vocational training for youth in particular for women including young mothers.
Youth Skills Development Coordinator
Youth Skills Development Coordinator at Swisscontact Tanzania December 2023
Swisscontact is currently looking for a Youth Skills Development Coordinator to be based in our offices in Morogoro.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Youth Skills Development Coordinator will:
- Develop, establish and monitor youth training projects with training providers (TPs) and private sector.
- Quality assure the implementation and documentation provided for training projects by TPs and private sector.
- Support the networking and capacity building of public and private training.
- Follow Swisscontact’s rules and procedures such as the Code of Conduct (CoC) and Country Manual.
The Youth Skills Development Coordinator will implement the following tasks:
- Identify opportunities for skills development and employment of youth (15 – 24 years) either directly or through training providers in the Morogoro region.
- Jointly with the team leader and other SET staff identify private sector organisations as potential partners for SET.
- Jointly with suitable providers or with other related SET staff, design suitable youth packages (technical and employability skills), including the development of Terms of Reference (ToR), contracts, budgets, and monitoring mechanisms.
- Select the required procurement process, prepare a tender plan and manage the tender procedures following the processes described in the training Implementation and financial and administrative guidelines for TPs.
- Support training providers through cocreation if projects where this is required as well as in the finalisation of curricula and training material.
- Develop and manage the technical and financial contracts with the selected training providers.
- Ensure that training providers (TPs) implement monitoring in line with the MRM procedures of SET.
- Quality assure the implementation of contracts and prepare technical and monitoring report as scheduled.
Capacity building of training provider
- Support the networking of training providers in Morogoro and other regions as agreed.
- Maintain information on feasible training providers and organize capacity building of TPs.
- Identify training needs and manage the development of the capacity building programme for TPs.
- Work with the communications expert to ensure that quality training material and other information of relevance to TPs will be shared via the SET website or other means.
- Provide inputs to SET reporting to Government and SDC.
- Work with MRM to ensure that monitoring data is aligned and participate in MRM meetings as
- Work with the GESI and young mother coordinator to ensure that related targets are achieved and that GESI is a crosscutting issue in all SET activities.
- Establish YPOs, budget, and other administrative reports related to Youth training in collaboration with the GESI and Young Mother Training and the skills coordinator, Iringa.
- Perform other tasks as agreed with the Team Leader.
Required qualifications, experience, and competencies
- At least a bachelor’s degree in community development, rural development, entrepreneurship or related subject.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience related to vocational skills development, livelihood development and/or entrepreneurship
- Experience in working with youth, young mothers or other marginalized groups.
- Excellent communication skills with a good level of written and spoken English.
- Results-orientated professional with excellent teamwork and collaboration skills, and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact positively with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Empathy, good sense of humor and drive to achieve results.
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs with a motivation letter/cover letter in English including three (3) referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17:00 (EAT) on 12th January 2024. The CV and/or the cover letter must include the expected monthly gross salary expressed in TShs.
Please note that:
- Swisscontact respects gender equality and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview