Specialist; Data Engineer at NMB Bank Plc Tanzania
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at NMB Bank Plc 2023
NMB Bank Plc Jobs, 2023 Specialist; Data Engineer (1 Position(s))
Job Location : Head Office
The individual will be responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting.
- Collect business requirements on data and provide solutions that suit their needs.
- Conceptualize and build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies.
- Perform data integration of source systems into the data warehouse.
- Perform data mapping from source systems to the data warehouse.
- Maintain the Business Intelligence (BI) platform by ensuring it is always available and accessible by users, optimize its performance and perform backups of the platform.
- Maintain the overall data infrastructure systems (i.e., ETL, BI & MDM platforms) to ensure they are available 24/7 and with good performance.
- Create & maintain reports & dashboards and publish in the BI platform based on new integrations and for existing source systems.
- Ensure integrity of reports in the BI platform
- Answer users with queries regarding regards reports & analytics
- Extract and load data in the Reconciliation tool, connect new third-party transactions into it & answer reconciliation queries when they arise.
- Develop and maintain the meta data of various data management & analytics platforms.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Provide advanced analytics solutions including predictive analytics and prescriptive analytics solutions which will provide insights needed for decision making.
- Design, Implement and Maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies into a Data Warehouse based on internal process improvements, automation, and optimization of data delivery.
- Troubleshoot data issues, data platforms and perform root cause analysis.
- Work with analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Design and implement data products and features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Work with different stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Work with business users to understand the domain knowledge and troubleshooting of product issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements.
- Familiarity with Database management, data warehousing, Data modeling and data visualization tools
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Proficient with database modeling and management tools
- Programming languages e.g. SQL, Python and R.
- ETL, Data warehouse & BI
- Excellent analytical, creative, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Strong planning, organization, and documentation skills
- Ability to conceptualize and systematically work through projects in accordance with a structured methodology.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of reporting & data visualizations tools
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology or relevant field
- At least one year of data modeling & database & data warehouse design experience
- At least one year of development of business intelligence solutions
- Advanced level proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with design, development, and maintenance of ETL tools
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of BI platforms.
- Experience with enterprise data management technologies, including data modeling, database & data warehouse platforms, ETL tool and SQL language.
- Experience with database querying languages
Job opening date : 21-Dec-2023
Job closing date : 05-Jan-2024
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.