AUTO ELECTRICAL- TRAINER at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Limited Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Limited, 2023
Barrick-Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Limited Jobs AUTO ELECTRICAL- TRAINER
Tarime, Mara Region, Tanzania, United Republic of
AUTO ELECTRICAL- TRAINER at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine Limited December 2023
Position: AUTO ELECTRICAL- TRAINER
Barrick Gold Corporation
The Barrick Africa Middle East Team is seeking to recruit a AUTO ELECTRICAL- TRAINER to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Maintaining, repairing electrical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and routine inspection on a variety of UG machines (I.e. SANDVIK, CAT, NORMET).
- Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to Mobile Maintenance Superintendent.
- Ensure that mobile equipment is maintained in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Develop workforce to maintain the underground mines mobile equipment fleet.
- Ensure safe working practices and Hazard identification principles and processes are observed by subordinates at all times.
- Involvement with developing training programs for national workforce and carrying out competency assessments.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Full compliance with the OEM repair procedures and all safety and training protocols.
- Complete all training module within the auto electrical and maintenance skills matrix program.
- Monitor mine underground auto electrical activities and eliminate any wasteful practices, ensuring agreed target for maintenance are met.
- Support and work through the departmental tactical plans to achieve the overall business objective.
- Developing and managing equipment component change outs and rebuilds where necessary.
- Investigate and implement latest technology that will improve auto electrical works.
- A relevant Trade or technical certificate level qualification in the Auto electrical field.
- An Auto Electrical Trade Certification is highly desired
- Computer literacy is essential- Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, ERP and MRPII packages(SAP, Ellipse, Pronto, Oracle etc)
Experience and competencies needed
- Minimum of 8 years’ Artisanal experience in mine auto electrical maintenance role.
- Good working knowledge of auto electrical maintenance planning/scheduling.
- Experienced in maintenance practices and techniques.
- Experience in large underground mining operation.
- Experience in delivering technical training programmes Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels
Job Identification 227641
Job Category Underground Maintenance
Posting Date 12/22/2023, 04:17 PM
Apply Before 01/05/2024, 03:00 AM
Degree Level Trade School
Job Schedule Full time
Locations Tarime, Tarime, P.O. Box 422, TZ
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
About the Team
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit). The process plant has the capacity to process an average of 8,000 tonnes of ore per day.