TPC Ltd is one of the respected sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive, and dynamic candidates to fill vacant position in Risk & Security Department.
Position: Safety Health & Environment Manager
Reports to the Risk & Security Executive Officer.
Core Job Description: To oversee the organization’s comprehensive safety and environmental management system, assessing and identifying risks, formulating and implementing policies in managing the company’s risk towards safety and environmental activities of the company
Supervisory Responsibilities: Occupational Health, Safety and Environment and Firefighting aspects (+-25).
- Ensure High level of safety and environmental awareness for TPC staff and property through effective management of the TPC Safety & Environmental Management System.
- Ensure compliance to local and internal occupational health, safety, and environmental standards (including but not limited to NEMC and OS HA).
- Develop and execute health and safety policies and programs in the workplace according to legal guidelines to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Review existing Safety and Environment policies and procedures updating and improving as necessary.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law regarding safety and environmental activities undertaken by the company.
- Recommends and implements safety management solutions such as emergency response plans, evacuation policies.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention in coordination with the companies training administrator.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations through the company’s safety business partners.
- Reviews and analyzes metrics and data such as injuries, accidents, near misses, and others that could create a safer working environment.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Conduct and organize safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Budget compilation and management of expenses responsibility for section.
- Performs other duties as directed by the HOD.
- Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of safety and environmental management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare reports and policies.
- Proven experience as safety manager.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Ability in producing informed reports and developing relevant policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication verbal and written (English and Kiswahili) and interpersonal abilities.
- In depth experience in handling safety teams/safety awareness.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Should demonstrate ability to work on prolonged periods/long hours on a computer and at fields. 7 years of related experience in safety and environmental managements in similar industry will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety management or relevant field and other combinations of relevant academic Qualifications (e.g. qualification in occupational health and safety).
- Computer skills and any further academic achievements will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “If you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer, P. O. Box 93, Moshi, Kilimanjaro
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391,
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 December 2023