New Ajira at World Vegetable Center. Nafasi mpya za kazi 2023-24, how to apply. If you are looking for jobs in this article there are vacancies for you. New Center Manager and Liaison Officer at World Vegetable Center – Tanzania
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) 2023
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) Tanzania Jobs, 2023
Center Manager and Liaison Officer
Center Manager and Liaison Officer at World Vegetable Center – Tanzania December, 2023
WORLD VEGETABLE CENTER, EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
Position title : Center Manager and Liaison Officer, Tanzania
Duty station : Arusha, Tanzania
The World Vegetable Center(WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe.
WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to realizing the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information, please visit our website: worldveg.org
WorldVeg is seeking an experienced professional who will act as the Center manager as well as liaison officer in Tanzania. S/he will be responsible for managing and overseeing the operations of the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) regional office located in Arusha and maintaining an excellent working relationship with the government of Tanzania.
This is a nationally-recruited Mid-career/Senior position that will be based at WorldVeg office in Arusha with regular travels within the ESA region. The incumbent will report to the Regional Director – ESA.
Under overall supervision of the Regional Director – ESA and functional guidance of WorldVeg’s Director of Human Resources:
- Manage a fair recruitment process for national staff in ESA, undertake impartial approach to staff performance evaluation and professional development.
- Facilitate teamwork, ensure optimal working conditions, safe and trusted working environment.
- Review and update HR Policy Manual, including the Nationally Recruited Staff Regional Office (NRS RO) Staff Regulations Manual, and ensure adherence to country specific labor and employment laws.
Finance and Administration
Under overall supervision of the ESA Regional Director and functional guidance of WorldVeg’s Director of Corporate Services:
- Lead the Center’s annual planning of operations and budget for the region. With assistance of the senior finance officer prepare the annual budget of ESA. Ensure proper budgetary control.
- Coordinate the work of the ESA finance and administration team headed by the senior finance officer
- Supervise the administration of the Arusha Center and that of other project offices in the region.
Resource Mobilization, Communications, Relationship and Capacity Building
Under overall supervision of the ESA Regional Director:
- Participate in resource mobilization to sustain WorldVeg’s work program in Tanzania.
- Coordinate the development of communications products and outreach activities.
- Strengthen and nurture the Center’s relationships with the host country, Tanzania and WorldVeg partners.
- Organize workshops, training, events, internship programs, welcome visitors and enhance knowledge exchange with universities, research centers and the private sector to promote WorldVeg as an ‘Open Science Center’.
- Coordinate ESA’s risk management and business continuity activities.
- Prepare the ESA’s annual report for submission to the Government and WorldVeg partners.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the needs of ESA and as reviewed from time to time.
Note: WorldVeg reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities.
- A national of Tanzania and fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- At least ten years of demonstrated experience in a similar position.
- MA or MSc degree in Business Administration or Finance Management, Agriculture, International Relations or another relevant field.
- Knowledge of agriculture, food systems, climate change and/or nutrition issues.
- Strong affinity with the mission of WorldVeg and research for development.
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Good network of contacts of public and private sector actors in the agriculture sector.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Solid experience of human resource management, finance and procurement.
- Solid experience of project operations.
- Solid computer skills.
- Experience in managing finance, human resources and other organizational assets
- Experience in an international non-profit organization, research organization or university.
- Experience in speaking and presenting in public.
- Experience in resource mobilization
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff position with competitive pay and benefits. The initial appointment is for one year renewable depending on the performance of the incumbent and funding availability.
The expected starting date for the position is February 1, 2024.
The candidate we hire will embody WorldVeg’s Five Core Values:
- Dedication to Innovation and Knowledge Sharing: Supports the conduct of world-class science, respects ethical standards, and is committed to sharing results in a transparent manner.
- Commitment to Impact: Aspires to achieve positive, tangible, and lasting impact contributing to Sustainable Development Goals.
- Commitment to Partnerships: Believes in the value of partnerships to advance research for development.
- Respect for People: Respect the diversity of gender, culture, ethnic origin, religion, age, beliefs, and views.
- Respect for the Environment: Strives to minimize its environmental impact and to introduce greener technology and practices.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit in English:
- A letter of application explaining their suitability for and interest in the position
- A curriculum vitae
- A copy of the highest academic certificate
- Names and addresses (including telephone/e-mail) of three referees
- Date of availability and salary expectations
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “ Application – Center Manager and Liaison Officer” in the subject line. The application deadline is January 8,2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for in-person interviews. The vacancy will remain open until it is filled.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.