Jobs in Tanzania 2024: New Job Vacancies at Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Limited 2024
Barrick-Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Ltd Jobs
Shinyanga, Tanzania, United Republic of
Roster: 6 Weeks On/ 3 Weeks Off,
JOB ADVERT – UNDERGROUND ELECTRICIANS (02 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Underground Electrician to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all electrical equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures
- Complete required testing and safety checks on specified electrical equipment.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks.
- Ensure total adherence to all safety, health, and environmental procedures and guidelines as well as all other company policies and procedures.
- Complete modifications to electrical equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experienced personnel.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors
- Electrical trade certificate – (FTC/IMTT / VETA)
- Valid driving license for a light Vehicle
- 3 Years’ experience in industrial electrical
- Underground experience is added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer literate in Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine Health &Safety Act Awareness
Job Identification 228256
Job Category Business Development
Posting Date 01/22/2024, 07:48 AM
Apply Before 01/31/2024, 07:48 AM
Degree Level Trade School
Job Schedule Full time
Locations Kahama Shinyanga, Kahama, Shinyanga, P.O. Box 891, TZ
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
Please forward applications before 31st January, 2023.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
About the Team
Nevada Gold Mines (NGM) is a joint venture between Barrick (61.5%) and Newmont (38.5%) that combined our significant assets across Nevada in 2019 to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world. NGM produces approximately 3.5 million ounces of gold a year. The massive mining operation comprises eight mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities and hosts three of Barrick’s Tier One assets: Carlin, Cortez, and Turquoise Ridge. At NGM, our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and owning the best assets, with the best people, to deliver sustainable returns for our owners and partners.