Program Development Officers
Location: Any country within the DOT network with a preference for candidates from sub-saharan Africa, in particular Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, or
Rwanda; remote work is also an acceptable option Status: Full-time; contractual engagement
Who We Are:
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) is a Canadian non-profit organization, a charity with headquarters in Ottawa and operations spanning 12 countries. We have local offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Kenya, Lebanon, Jordan, Canada, and the UK. Our programs also extend to Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Uganda, Malawi, and Zambia through affiliations with youth-led organizations.
We are a vibrant youth-driven community of trailblazing social pioneers equipped with the necessary tools, knowledge, and networks to create opportunities and drive transformation within their communities. We strive to foster youth potential, bridge digital gaps across communities, and inspire young individuals to partake in an all-inclusive digital economy. As catalysts of development for over 22 years, our impact extends to over 25 countries.
DOT seeks an accomplished and dynamic professional to join DOT as the Program Development Officer. This is a full-time role reporting to the Senior Program Development Manager. In a hands-on position, you will:
- Support the ideation, design, and development of innovative youth-centric programs that leverage digital technology for social impact and align with DOT’s goals;
- Collaborate with different departments, such as Marketing and
Communications, Business Development, and Monitoring, Evaluation Research and Learning to ensure program efficacy and alignment with organizational goals;
- Champion effective practices in knowledge capture and dissemination, fostering a learning-centric organizational culture;
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and maintain quality and integrity.
Digital Opportunity Trust · 5 Blackburn Ave · Ottawa, ON · K1N 8A2 · Canada firstname.lastname@example.org · dotrust.org · +1-613-667-5854
Program Development Support
In the role of Program Development Officer, you will be instrumental in supporting the execution and management of learning programs under the guidance of the Senior Program Development Manager. Your responsibilities will encompass assisting in the coordination and execution of these programs, working collaboratively with various departments to ensure effective implementation.
You will support the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) department in the ongoing assessment and enhancement of programs, engage with stakeholders under the direction of senior staff to help align and support program objectives, and assist in the preparation of regular reports while maintaining effective communication with the Operations department.
Additionally, you will contribute to ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards and aid in efforts to uphold the quality and integrity of our programs. Your role will also involve participating in knowledge management activities, helping to systematically capture, organize, and disseminate knowledge within the organization to promote a culture of learning and innovation.
Program Planning and Development:
- Support design and development initiatives, including creating, reviewing, and refining learning design documents and plans based on learning and market needs;
- Produce and maintain effective holistic program instructional and support materials in accordance with development guidelines and accessibility standards;
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate internal and external learning events such as workshops and meetings;
- Document and track program design efforts across teams;
- Stay up to date on research and developments in the sector and share that learning back with colleagues;
- Build relationships across teams and think critically, creatively, and innovatively to bring value across multiple teams engaging in the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in program development and / or instructional design.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools.
- A strong understanding of and respect for diverse cultures.
- Good research skills and capacity to take an evidenced based approach to program development.
- A results-oriented approach and commitment to delivering impact.
- Strong expertise in developing learning assessments, quizzes, and evaluation methods.
- Proficiency in using educational technology and software tools for curriculum development, e-learning, and blended learning solutions.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Fluency in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working in any of the following areas: youth empowerment, digital technology or ICT, youth-focused training programs, youth leadership, gender equality and women’s empowerment, entrepreneurship and business development, social entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- Previous experience working with any of the following types of organizations: grassroots local organizations, community based organization, non-profit organization, youth-led organizations, youth-serving organizations, and women’s rights organizations.
- Engagement (such as a volunteer engagement) to youth-focused alliances, youth networks, youth-led organizations, or other youth focused endeavors.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills and experience working with a global team.
- Experience with participatory approaches to program development.
- Commitment to youth empowerment, gender equality, and inclusion.
- Commitment to participatory, inclusive, and community based approaches.
- Commitment to amplifying the voices of youth, particularly young women.
- Commitment to positive social impact and achieving DOT’s mission.
Duration and Remuneration:
This is a full-time contractual engagement. The specific duration will be defined in the contract. The remuneration will be based on the local market rate for comparable roles at this level of experience (3-5 years).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by Monday February 12, 2024. Please include the names and titles of three references who may be contacted with prior permission. While we appreciate all applications, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
DOT values diversity and is committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and cross-cultural sensitivity. We encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. DOT accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please indicate your need for accommodation in your application.