DCB Commercial Bank Plc is a fully-fledged retail and commercial bank in Tanzania. The bank offers banking services to Individuals, Microfinance, Small to Medium sized Businesses (MSME), as well as large corporate clients. DCB Bank has a wide branch network of over 8 branches, over 1000 DCB Wakala Agents, and over 280 Umoja switch ATMs serving over 3 million customers across the country.
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Chief Operations Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the technology infrastructure, and banking operations in line with the bank’s strategy.
- Design, develop and implement the bank’s technology strategy and solutions roadmap.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the bank’s technology infrastructure.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs and opportunities.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts and adherence to vendor service level agreements (SLAs).
- Oversee operational aspects of relationships with third-party entities, including payment processors, technology platforms, financial institutions, and other service providers.
- Establish and enforce technology policies and procedures to ensure compliance and data protection.
- Establish and review key operational risk indicators/key control standards and formulate action plans to minimize the bank’s exposure to fraud and losses.
- Manage the bank’s operational risk exposure by supporting the business to identify areas of operational risk exposure and by developing and implementing corrective action.
- Design, develop and keep updated the bank’s operations manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams (compliance and customer support) to gather input and create a holistic plan for addressing customer inquiries, compliance issues, and inbound requests related to payment processing.
- Document procedures in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls, improve service quality and customer service.
- Manage general customer account administration and reporting activities.
- Responsible for designing business processes to improve customer service, cost effectiveness and controls.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements relating to banking operations.
- Manage budgets and resources effectively and report on expenditure.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 5 years of management and leadership experience in a similar role and sized organisation.
- Proven track record history of outstanding performance in financial service operations
- Understanding and experience of infrastructure, design and architecture, including hosted applications.
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills together with an ability to commission external suppliers and services.
- Proficiency in creating and documenting operating procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of financial regulations and compliance requirements.
- Customer-centric mindset with a commitment to issue resolution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools including Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificate, and names of three referees with their contacts, quoting reference number DCB-COO-Ol/2024 on the subject of the email. To be considered, applications MUST be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 26th January 2024. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.