Supervisor – Welding Shop at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) Jobs in Tanzania 2024: New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) 2024
Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) Jobs 2024
Supervisor – Welding Shop
Post Start Date: Jan 10, 2024
AngloGold Ashanti (AGA) has implemented a new operating model to drive strategic alignment across the business with a common organizational design for the company to deliver its purpose. This ensures we have the right people in the right place to make effective and efficient decisions that are consistent with AGA’s vision and purpose.
AngloGold Ashanti Limited (Africa Business Unit) is seeking experienced and self-motivated persons to join our Executive Teams as:
POSITION: Jan 10, 2024
The Managing director of Geita is accountable to the SVP: Africa Business Unit (ABU) for the delivery of the targeted gold production at the right production cost margin for Geita Mine. This will deliver the shareholder value that is required to grow Geita consistently over the next period. The management of available cash flow and capital for further investment is a key accountability. The incumbent will represent the company in Tanzania, working closely with the VP Sustainability to build government relations. The MD is accountable to prepare the board reports and to represent the company at all board meetings.
- Demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the AGA Safety Vision and Values
- Accountable for the quality of Geita’s housekeeping in all areas.
- Optimize Operational Effectiveness and Production Efficiencies in support of one-to-five-year Production Targets
- Developing strategies for the Business Unit that will recognise changes in the country (i.e. political, social, legal, and commercial) in order to maintain and sustain a particular part of the operational competitiveness;
- Developing the LOM plan options with the support of cross-functional resources that are made available in assuring a reliable and achievable production plan, thus positioning the mine for stability in current operations and growth potential for the future;
- Working closely in a collateral relationship with the VP Sustainability, agree on the External Communication and Stakeholders Engagement Models of the company in Tanzania. Sustainability is accountable for the development of these and various other environmental and community programs outside the mining fence.
- Accountable for the identification and management of operational risks and issues on the plant, as per the global and the local OHSE Legislative frameworks.
- Ensure the development of an improved department budget planning system or framework, in conjunction with Finance, in order to demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness in achieving business performance objectives.
- Analyse monthly variance reports from all departments, identifying potential areas for improvement, low hanging fruit in optimisation of cost and operations.
- Analyse business performance and profitability margin cost drivers and endeavour to improve the margin at all times, analysing environmental aspects’ impact on the ability of the company to produce more at higher margin.
- Provide direct output to the SVP in ensuring that all BU monthly and quarterly board reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines, and schedules.
- Design and implement a consistent Tanzania People Planning process, designing work aligned to ABU annual calendars (Strategic Options, Budgets, etc).
- Increase the organizational effectiveness of the Tanzania business, by ensuring all Line Managers are trained in the organizational design model and that it is used in the daily improvement of who should be making what decisions, building their capability to make more effective decisions, taking the right aspects of the environment and other departments into account, executing work at the right level of work, ensuring processes and procedures that allows for follow-through to completion.
- Create and maintain a participative decision-making culture, giving specific attention to Employee Value Propositions, making it an Employer of Choice in Tanzania and across the AGA Corporation.
- Develop Contracting Models to ensure the right parts of the work is outsourced, or that that correct Contractors are considered by Heads of Departments, when they need to make their choices.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in a mining industry relevant / related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years at General Manager (SIV) level and at least 10 years successful mining industry performance at senior management level (SIII) in the mining industry Experience / exposure in managing a complex external multi-stakeholder engagement (Government – national, regional, Municipal levels, Traditional Leadership at all levels, Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Civil Society Organizations, media, etc.)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY NOW button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be“ Supervisor – Welding Shop’’
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 18th January 2024 at 5:30 Pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AGA does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our Speak-Up channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing SpeakupAGA@ ethics-line.com or use the internet at https://www.tip-offs.com