Are you a Job seeker? Are you looking for high paid jobs in Tanzania? Searching for opportunities for jobs? In this article we will answer all these questions. Explore new job vacancies in thi article. Job Vacancies at AHI. How to apply, how to submit a successful resume and CV for job interviews call. Financial Controller Job Vacancies at APOPO Tanzania
Financial Controller at APOPO Tanzania
Jobs in Tanzania 2024: New Job Vacancies at Apopo Tanzania 2024
Apopo Tanzania Jobs, 2024 Financial Controller
Financial Controller at APOPO Tanzania January 2024
APOPO is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our international team as Financial Controller, where you can play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial integrity and stability of our organization.
About the role
As the Financial Controller, you will play a pivotal role in the organization’s financial operations, taking on a diverse range of responsibilities. This includes overseeing financial reporting, budgeting, analytical accounting, internal control, and cost control management. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing the financial systems (ERP), donor contract follow-up, and ensuring compliance with established financial protocols.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this role requires a candidate with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in an internationally oriented environment.
This role requires frequent international travel to provide support to the various APOPO project countries. Ideally, the ideal candidate will be stationed at the APOPO office in Morogoro, Tanzania, facilitating effective collaboration with the CFO based at that location.
To be considered for the position of Financial Controller, we expect candidates to have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business management, or a related field.
- CPA, MBA, or MSA certification is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of financial reporting standards and regulations.
- Experience with major donors, including a proven track record with at least one of the following: WRA, DGD, DFID, European Commission, Flemish Government, Belgian DGD, or UNDP.
- Proficient in using ERP systems and advanced knowledge of financial software: Sage BOB 50 accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, Microsoft Power BI software…
- International driver’s permit.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- High ethical standards.
- Willingness to travel.
- 4+ years of proven experience in a similar finance role.
- 4+ years of financial management including budgeting and donor reporting.
- Experience working in non-profit organizations, particularly in low- to lower-middle-income countries.
- Experience working with intercultural teams is an asset.
Eager to work with us?
If you are passionate about making a difference and meet the qualifications above, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and be part of our dynamic and dedicated team striving to contribute to positive change on a global scale.
Click on the button below to fill out the form and submit your resume, a 1-page cover letter showcasing your motivation, relevant experience, and qualifications, and contact information for three references.
The Application deadline is February 4th.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
We look forward to receiving your application!
APOPO is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, or citizenship status.
APOPO was founded in response to the growing awareness that landmines kill and maim people and hamper development in post-conflict areas. Methods to rid affected countries of landmines were slow so a small team in Belgium founded APOPO to develop a fast, simple, and cost-efficient mine clearance technology that could be sustained within national mine action programs in low-income countries.
APOPO developed a unique method using trained rats. Over 25 years later, APOPO is a global leader in scent detection animals, including both trained rats (HeroRATs) and the first-ever free-running, long-range Mine Detection Dogs (HeroDOGs).
As a research organization, APOPO is always at the forefront of developing new humanitarian and environmental scent detection applications. Our core operational activities are in the fields of mine action and tuberculosis (TB) control.