General Manager at Corporate Staffing Services January, 2024
Position: General Manager
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client in Tanzania is seeking to hire a General Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and overall performance of the organization. This leadership position involves strategic planning, financial management, team coordination, and ensuring the organization’s objectives are met. The General Manager collaborates with various departments, manages resources, and implements policies to drive the company’s success.
- Maintain and cultivate the relationship to the customer at all appropriate levels, to facilitate the successful delivery, operations, and services.
- To develop good business relationship with the industry and other relevant stakeholders to achieve goals most effectively as defined together with the Customer and internally within the company.
- Manage the local operation and supporting the proper set-up of local operating infrastructure within budget and within agreed project timescales.
- Run and manage the daily operations of the company ensuring delivery of services in compliance with contractual obligations towards local customers and project stakeholders. This involves running an operation of approximately 180 employees across the
- Fully accountable for local P&L, operational KPI’s, customers and project stakeholders’ relation management and satisfaction.
- Build and run a substantial business, define, gain agreement to, and implement a strategy to win additional business opportunities leveraging our solutions portfolio and existing project/customer relation and bringing additional profitable business to the Division.
- Develop skills of local employees allowing them to contribute to other projects outside the country.
- Liaise with the Management and ensure coordination and alignment with the entity and headquarters.
- General Management of the entity and / or contract he has been
- Management of all local operational and functional aspects through function leaders within matrix organisation.
- Coordinate and optimise the activities with his managers the operations and customer
Service requirements of the project, to fully meet contractual and internal KPI’s.
- Deployment of any company systems as well as the cascading of all policies and ensure compliance of the organization operations.
- Planning, budgeting, P&L and other
- Performance, organization, resources, and
- Customer relationship (directly or through partners, agents, or consultants).
- Ensure the Quality of Service rendered to the customer in all its aspects supported by
- Supervise resolutions of customer
- Supervise customer service
- Company’s image and compliance in the
- Sales objectives on an on-going basis as well as renewal with the support of the Commercial force
- Consolidate reporting of its entity towards Regional Directors and Function
- Manage all EHS + Security + all CSR (Corporate Social ) aspects.
- Manage HR with support of HQ HR, employee relation and industry
- Ensure responsibility for risk, crisis, business continuity management in accordance with company policies and regulations.
- Supporting Program Director for the local organization set up during project
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field, with an MSc as an added
- This role requires a capable and experienced General Manager with at least 7 years senior level experience.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to identify critical business needs and the leadership skills to put in place the resources, processes, and measures to ensure business goals are
- This is a systems integration business and candidates should have experience in a project management driven business environment.
- The ability to plan for long term growth whilst leading and delivering ongoing business needs is
- Winning additional projects and business requires a strong customer-facing orientation likely coupled with a sales and marketing orientation.
- The role has a strong external face to existing and new customers, who are government departments or potentially major brand owners, thus the individual has to have a high level of stature, experience and credibility at these levels.
- He/she must also be able to demonstrate a track record of success in building and gaining profitable business in a highly political environment.
- This will require a combination of excellent interpersonal skills, a coaching mindset, a high level of integrity and strong performance orientation which he/she must be able to instil into all those who support the business.
- The nature of the business is technical and complex, requiring speed and agility to deliver customer solutions, a strong process mindset and the ability to integrate cross functional activities to deliver customer requirements.
- Spoken and written English is
N:B This role is open to Tanzanians nationals
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (General Manager – Tanzania) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th February 2024