JOB TITLE: Laboratory Technician
Knauf stands for opportunity. We know that opportunity looks different to each person, and we are proud that we see opportunity in everyone. This exciting role within the (Quality Team) could be the perfect next opportunity for you to build a unique career, in a values-led culture with a clear purpose of making tomorrow a home for all of us.
We are a global manufacturer of construction materials and within our Group, our 41,500 team members in 90 countries across 300 sites provide a huge opportunity for anyone with ambition and energy. We value everyone’s contribution equally and we ask that you bring your whole self to work, to enrich the business further, as together we achieve more in a safe and inclusive environment.
(Knauf Gypsum Tanzania Limited) is proud to be part of the Knauf Group. We have a (9)-year heritage in (GYPSUM) manufacturing and have big plans for the future. Our global reach in 90 countries continues to grow and we are looking for passionate, ambitious people to help us achieve our goals. We are all led by the same core values and believe in the powerful potential of large companies to have a positive impact on the world. We are now looking for another team mate to join us in (Mkuranga Plant) as (Laboratory Technician).
Can you say ‘yes’?
Do you treat your colleagues with respect?
Do you always have the customer in mind?
Do you act with future generations in mind?
Do you like to seek out opportunities to grow and develop?
Do you have a proven track record of delivering results?
As a Laboratory Technician at Knauf Gypsum Tanzania Limited, you will be responsible for equipment inspection, sample collection, quality assurance and compliance, cost control, cleaning and housekeeping, environmental protection and safety.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that spillage and waste is minimized, collected, and removed.
- Perform pre-start inspection of equipment and report problems.
- Ensure optimum mix of slurry to maximize production rate of boards.
- Ensure correct mixing of additives and their correct feed to the mixer as per requirement.
- Ensure that samples are collected at the set frequency.
- Ensure that the sample collection frequency is varied to minimize scrap.
- Ensure mixer and dryer are operated to maximize dry board production!
- Ensure any deviations are immediately reported and corrective measures are taken to minimize waste.
- Ensure all data are accurate and correctly reported on control sheets by operators at all quality check points and quality control point and report to Board line Supervisor for any quality deviation.
- Laboratory reports are to be filled in time.
What we’d love for you to have:
We are interested in you as a person: your attitude, behaviors and values. As long as you have the willingness to learn anything you need for the role that you don’t already have, we’d love to speak to you. If you have experience in the following areas – this is an added advantage:
- Certificate in Science and Laboratory Technology or any other related fields.
- Minimum work experience; Two (2) years working experience as a Lab Technician in a manufacturing industry.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Basic spoken and written English.
- Basic understanding of maintenance requirements.
- Good knowledge of safety procedures
Knauf Gypsum Tanzania Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.