Jobs in Tanzania 2024: New Job Vacancies at DVV International Tanzania, 2023
DVV International Tanzania Jobs 2024
DVV International Tanzania
Education for Everyone. Worldwide.
Job advertisement DVV International Tanzania
Advocacy and Communication Officer
Job Title: Advocacy and Communication Officer
Job Type: Full-Time from 1st March 2024
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reference Number: DVV/ACO/022024
DVV International is the Institute for International Cooperation of the Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband e.V. (DVV), the German Adult Education Association. DVV represents the interests of the approximately 900 adult education centres (Volkshochschulen) and their state associations, the largest further education providers in Germany.
DVV International provides worldwide support for the establishment and development of sustainable
structures for Youth and Adult Education. As the leading professional organization in the field of adult learning and education (ALE) and development cooperation, DVV International has committed itself to supporting lifelong learning for more than 50 years. Its vision is to fight poverty through education, lifelong learning and support to development.
For its Regional Office East/Horn of Africa in Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, we are looking for a suitable candidate for the position Advocacy and Communication Officer, Reference number: DVV/ACO/022024.
The Advocacy and Communication Officer, as part of a small team, will be working under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Regional Director East/ Horn of Africa and the Project Manager of the African Continental Project. His/her task will be supporting DVV International in developing and implementing an advocacy and communication strategy regarding non-formal adult learning and education (ALE); to with the African Continental Project and MOJA digital platform to enhance lobbying and visibility in ALE in the East/ Horn of Africa region.
The Advocacy and Communication Officer will be assigned for:
• Develop and implement the advocacy strategy towards the most relevant Ministries, Institutions and stakeholders on key issues related to non-formal Adult Learning and Education (ALE);
• Together with the programme staff carry out policy analysis to identify opportunities to advance ALE advocacy and campaigning towards governmental and non- governmental stakeholders;
• In liaison with the programme staff organise advocacy debates and events at the different implementation level to create opportunities for dialogue and influence of policymakers;
• Contribute to building relationships with key Ministries, Local Governments, Institutions and strategic stakeholders in ALE and building alliances and capacities relevant to ALE advocacy policy areas;
• Contribute in resource mobilization including supporting proposal and concept note development with the overall objective of sustaining the project;
• Support in planning and implementation of workshops, trainings and conferences, compiling reports of meetings, workshops and progress reports to donors.
• In liaison with the pan African project/ Moja online platform team and with programme staff of DVV International East/ Horn of Africa region develop, coordinate and implement the communications strategy and effective guidelines for internal and external communications within the region;
• Providing regular news and communication on ALE and Moja activities including identification of potential authors from the region and local quality assurance of content;
• Manage active Moja platform’s and organisation’s social media presence;
• Advise and capacitate program staff and partners on public messaging and media outreach and how to engage in Moja platform;
• Liaising with the Pan-African project team to organise online and blended trainings and webinars.
• Develop and implement structured approach for building effective relations with mainstream media and maintain a database of media organizations and contacts;
• Write, edit and distribute various types of content, including material and articles for Moja platform, regional website and other types of content that take the message to the public.
The job description gives a general outline of the main tasks and responsibilities and is not exhaustive.
Requested qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, advocacy, communications, public relations or related field;
• At least three (3) years of post-qualification experience in advocacy, communications and public relations, preferably in an international non-governmental organization;
• Research, interpretation and critical analysis skills to evaluate context and data;
• Knowledge of ALE context and familiarity with ALE stakeholders in East/Horn of African region would be an asset;
• Capacity to conceptualize, design and implement major information campaigns
• Ability to establish and maintain strong and broad stakeholder relationships;
• Understanding of graphic design as well as visual media skills including use of video camera; ability to develop video storyboards and basic editing;
• Excellent editing and writing skills as well as ability to translate scientific facts into accessible messages for general audiences;
• Proficiency in MS Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
• Tanzanian national
• Problem-solving skills
• Excellent inter-personal, communication, presentation skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, suggest practical solutions and follow-up effectively on the management decisions.
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Salary 3.200,000 TZS to 3.500,000 TZS.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applicants should send their CVs with contact information for three traceable referees, with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position and reference number in the subject field. Only applications meeting the above requirements and sent to this email address will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is 11th of February 2024.