Project Director – TCI at JHPIEGO International. Are you a Job seeker? Are you looking for high paid jobs in Tanzania? Searching for opportunities for jobs? In this article we will answer all these questions. Explore new job vacancies in thi article. Job Vacancies at JHPIEGO COMPANY. How to apply, how to submit a successful resume and CV for job interviews call.
Jobs in Tanzania 2024: New Job Vacancies at JHPIEGO Tanzania 2024
Jhpiego Tanzania Jobs 202 4
Project Director – TCI
Project Director – TCI at JHPIEGO International January, 2024
- Job ID 2023-5750
- Location KE-Nairobi
- Category International Positions
- Employment Status Full-Time
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
Jhpiego is the implementing partner for the East Africa Accelerator Hub for The Challenge Initiative (TCI) – in East Africa. This global project is coordinated through The William H. Gates Sr. Institute for Population and Reproductive Health. TCI is an ambitious program that leverages a matching challenge fund mechanism to provide incentives for the rapid scale up of urban family planning programs through a framework of accountability measures, demand driven participation of partners, and technical support via at least four regional accelerator hubs.
We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent management and technical skills, who is a team player, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
Reporting to the Kenya Country Director, the Project Director will provide strategic direction for all programmatic, technical, administrative and financial aspects of the project in the East Africa Region. S/he should be highly knowledgeable and technically sound on matters relating to FP scale up and service delivery approaches in FP and responsible for the administrative, financial and human resources management of the Project as well as lead, inspire and motivate project teams, region and other technical leads from key stakeholders, on the project’s technical areas.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for all programmatic and administrative requirements of the project for effective functioning of the East Africa Accelerator Hub in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania
- Account to the Gate Institute on the delivery of strategic program objectives, key results and milestones with regular reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Provide leadership in the relationship management with the primary donor and facilitate coordination of TCI with other related programs at global, regional and local levels
- Work with Jhpiego Country Directors in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania to facilitate successful implementation of TCI goals in these East African countries
- Lead efforts in strategic marketing and communication of TCI’s demand driven approach that will empower countries in the East Africa region to prioritize, scale up and sustain family planning
- Create functional relationships with donors, governments, development partners operating in the region
- Collaborate with TCI/Global on the development and refinement of the consolidated FP/RH toolkit
- Spearhead advocacy and resource mobilization efforts in liaison with country governments, and other local and regional stakeholders that leads to increased resources for family planning
- Initiate and facilitate regular technical meetings to review project implementation, and address identified gaps
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections and monitoring of payments
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
Required Qualifications Master’s or higher degree
- At least 10 years’ experience in a leadership role working in family planning, international health, strategic communication, advocacy or program leadership
- Experience working in cross countries program implementation is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading teams
- Track record of innovative and creative thinking in technical and management approaches
- Good understanding of FP/RH, health systems strengthening and capacity building, with a global focus
- Demonstrated experience leading/managing large scale regional, national and subnational programs
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with donors, host country governments, cooperating agencies, private sector and NGOs in developing countries
- Demonstrated managerial skills and familiarity with budget management, program management
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of program management cycle – design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience working with human-centered design approaches and leveraging consumer insights for program design
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to develop strong relationships across functions, abilities and work levels
- Demonstrated coaching skills, with an ability to inspire, influence and motivate teams
- Knowledge on advocacy and/or marketing and working experience with the County Governments will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal, written and presentation
RECRUITMENT SCAMS & FRAUD WARNING
Jhpiego has become aware of scams involving false job offers. Please be advised:
- Recruiters will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our careers page
- Official Jhpiego emails will always arrive from a @Jhpiego.org email address
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer